Tuesday, May 23, 2023

ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES by Jennifer Niven

 “The great thing about this life of ours is that you can be someone different to everybody.”

“The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it's the small things that count.”

“It's my experience that people are a lot more sympathetic if they can see you hurting, and for the millionth time in my life I wish for measles or smallpox or some other easily understood disease just to make it easier on me and also on them.”

“I do my best thinking at night when everyone else is sleeping. No interruptions. No noise. I like the feeling of being awake when no one else is.”

“We are all alone, trapped in these bodies and our own minds, and whatever company we have in this life is only fleeting and superficial.”

“Sorry wastes time. You have to live your life like you'll never be sorry. It's easier just to do the right thing from the start so there's nothing to apologize for.”

“Because it's not a lie if it's how you feel.”

"But I’m not a compilation of symptoms. Not a casualty of shitty parents and an even shittier chemical makeup. Not a problem. Not a diagnosis. Not an illness. Not something to be rescued. I’m a person.”

“What a terrible feeling to love someone and not be able to help them.”

“Do whatever it takes to remind myself that I’m still here and have a say.”

“You don’t know how it is. It’s like I’ve got this angry little person inside me, and I can feel him trying to get out. He’s running out of room because he’s growing bigger and bigger, and so he starts rising up, into my lungs, chest, throat, and I just push him right back down. I don’t want him to come out. I can’t let him out.”

“You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.”

-Jennifer Niven, All The Bright Places

1 comment:

  1. I love all the use of colours! (And the lovely quotes of course)-M

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment down below! God bless you!