Sunday, December 4, 2022

Late night driving

    Nothing mattered. Not the school day tomorrow, not the next day, or the day after that. What mattered was that I was driving my grandfather's twenty-two-year-old corolla for the first time in my life, pressing my foot up against the gas pedal. The brakes were shot, pretty much non-existent. My brother was in the passenger seat, making remarks and comments and smiling. My sister and dad were in the back, filming the whole thing. I've never felt happier.   

    As I got out of the car, I thought of a quote from a book I read during the summer: "This one moment when you know you're not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you're listening to that song and that drive with the people you love most in this world. And at this moment I swear, we are infinite."

PS: I don't have my license yet and haven't turned sixteen yet! #illegal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment down below! God bless you!