Tuesday, July 4, 2023

BOOK TALK- SOLITAIRE by Alice Oseman

 It's that time of year again- reading a whole book in two days flat because it's summertime and books are books!! And books were made for consuming and re-reading! And let's be honest, what else am I going to do this summer? I finished Solitaire by Alice Oseman this morning and it's one of my top favorites so far. Seemed like dark academia with humor and blog mentions (the main character had a blog (yay!) and was a bit of a pessimist) with a love story that didn't feel forced and Tori Spring's family dynamics were a good backdrop to the plot. Yes, it's a bit slow at first but it picks up, it really does. Could not put it down. Definitely gonna purchase it. I would happily read it again. 9/10 stars πŸ“šπŸ“š⭐⭐ (photo is not mine!)

2 comments:

  1. I might have to give that book a read...it sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! If you run out of books while your waiting for more library requests since you’re so speedy, I’d definitely recommend anything from my favourite summertime author Morgan Matson! -M

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment down below! God bless you!