Saturday, December 31, 2022

A closing to 2022

The year is closing, like a curtain. I wanted to write something to wrap up the year.
It hasn't been easy (nothing ever is, in my experience), but there have been good bits mixed in with the unpleasant ones, like starting this blog for example. This year has been good. I've lost a friend, but also met new ones. High school hasn't been smooth (quite the opposite, really). This semester hasn't been the best or what I thought it would be like- I suppose that's a side effect of reading too many books. I think the next one will be better. But this year has still been good. I did things. I went places. I read books. I wrote stuff.  

"It is a muggy August morning in the air in the room is still. Well over half the year has gone by already, which is a worry. I wanted to make something of myself this year. There's still time, I think. Definitely some time."   -  Yrsa Dalev-Ward

See you in 2023!

3 comments:

  1. Focus on the good. Smooth is overrated. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely year reflection and quote! -M

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment down below! God bless you!